Sunday, October 01, 2006

Fw: Light-year


----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Walker" <wincowalker@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.sci.physics
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 7:21 PM
Subject: Re: Light-year

> Dear Dick [Why not give your real name],
>
> I read through some of your inputs and I tend to think identically in some
> of the issues.
>
> I don't see any end to an Euclidian straight line.
>
> I also think that 'Stuff' may be limited but not 'zero stuff' so according
> to me emptiness is endless
>
> Thomas Walker
>
> "Dick" <remdickhm@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:vp3he2l31le9rqhq1a380qcel4l8a6rsvj@4ax.com...
> > On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 16:29:58 -0700, "N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)" <N:
> > dlzc1 D:cox T:net@nospam.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Dear Dick:
> > >
> > >"Dick" <remdickhm@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > >news:or3fe29frm2avmoso3nshmj853n63kf2f3@4ax.com...
> > >> On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 08:37:19 -0700, "N:dlzc D:aol T:com
> > >> \(dlzc\)" <N:
> > >> dlzc1 D:cox T:net@nospam.com> wrote:
> > >>>.. since you are being silly ...
> > >>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numerology
> > >>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magic_Numbers
> > >>>but more to the point...
> > >>>http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/BuckinghamsPiTheorem.html
> > >>>http://www.chem.tamu.edu/class/fyp/mathrev/mr-da.html
> > >>>
> > >>>It doesn't matter what it is labelled. Only its utility, and
> > >>>its
> > >>>ability to correlate to other similar measurements matters.
> > >>
> > >> I don't feel silly.
> > >
> > >Check inside your shoes for bologna. That is what Steve Martin
> > >uses.
> > >
> > >> I may be ignorant, that I will accept as my errors are
> > >> uncovered. By such a process I hope to be less ignorant.
> > >
> > >Consider a Universe where there is only time. Space/distance
> > >then is some ad hoc relationship cooked up by the matter/energy
> > >in the Universe.
> > >
> > >You age through time.
> > >You learn more through time.
> > >Light arrives at your eyes through time.
> > >
> > >If you want to do without time, do without all dimension.
> > >
> > >David A. Smith
> > >
> >
> > David, I do understand that "time" is well accepted as a dimension,
> > but I can't find where it is more than a convenient convension, not
> > the units, but the stuff itself.
> >
> > "Space" on the other hand is something I move about in. I go from
> > room to another and can return on whim, to the first room. I can
> > never move anywhere in a "time" dimension. The past is memory, the
> > future, calculation.
> >
> > My efforts to describe common formulas without "time" are an effort to
> > support this thought. I have found "distance" common to all formulas.
> > When I realized that all formulas with time were dependent on ratios
> > such as how far a light ray could travel during a rotation of the sun,
> > I was amazed. Light traveling it fastest traveled a maximum number of
> > distance units while the earth was rotating around its sun. Forget
> > the actual ratios. It is the fact that the relationship was an
> > invariable constant if nothing in the universe changed.
> >
> > But, there is the rub, earth and sun did not always exist. This led
> > me to wonder what did exist in the beginning that held the same
> > relationship. I thought I had figured out such a relationship between
> > the distance light moved while the Singularity expanded, accelerated
> > to light speed, not in time, but when distance traveled no longer
> > accelerated.
> >
> > Here, I found I was beyond my depth. Too many assumptions, too much
> > math, I foundered. I have layed out my path, but fear I cannot go
> > further.
> >
> > Thanks for staying with me. If more comes to me, I will hope for your
> > observations.
> >
> > dick
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment