Sunday, October 01, 2006

Fw: Light-year


----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Walker" <wincowalker@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.sci.physics
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 7:38 PM
Subject: Re: Light-year

> Speed is gained at the time of light generation [energy conversion in the
> form of photons] so no need to further accelerate.
> Whether inside a tube light or laser or radio antennae.
>
> What about the speed of electric charge and electric wave through a
> conductor. Have you thought of that?
>
> Thomas Walker
>
> "Dick" <remdickhm@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:ol4he2dqqcipnfnrsg8ar9nhme2il4v1uq@4ax.com...
> > On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 18:25:41 -0500, "j" <whomever@wherever.es> wrote:
> >
> > >"Dick" <remdickhm@sbcglobal.net> wrote
> > >
> > >> It is my understanding a photon does have mass. It cannot exceed
> > >> traveling further than any other mass in 1 light year. This limit is
> > >> imposed, I believe by inertia. Recent experiments have reduce light
> > >> travel so I can speak of light accelerating. When the photon is
> > >> release it starts at V=0 and accelerates to its maximum in a short
> > >> distance to be sure
> > >
> > >Does it? Or does light simply evince itself already at the speed of
> light?
> > >It does not have to accelerate. Wonder of wonders. State changes.
That's
> the
> > >way it goes.
> > >
> > Great question. One of many supositions I have made in this journey.
> > I don't have the ability or training to be talking about such things.
> > If I have said anything new, I hope someone will explore the
> > possibilities.
> >
> > However, my reaction is that is impossible. So far as I am aware,
> > anything, energy or matter at rest must accelerate to a terminal
> > velocity. I believe Neuton's laws would cover the question.
> >
> > dick
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment